Friday, April 20, 2007

My First Handspun Knit Shrug

My first knit item from my first ball of wool I spun on my first spinning wheel. After taking the picture I was able to step back and look at it with fresh eyes. I no longer consider it to be as hideous as I thought it would when it was still on the needles. Actually, it looks pretty darn good. It fits. It's warm. I love my new shrug! Maybe I should write down the pattern before I forget what I did.


I ran out of my home spun (light blue stripes on right sleeve and across most of the back) so I found a cake of denim blue Buffalo Wool and spun it up to finish the left sleeve. With all the different colours in it I don't think it's too noticeable.

3 comments:

roseygirl said...

WOW! this is beautiful! I love it. Great job, I am going to take some photo's tonight and add them to my blog tomorrow for you to see :)

Anonymous said...

hi I love that the stripe is longwise since I'm not ( I'm wide-wise ) could you share the pattern or where you got it from

Marg said...

I'm sorry, Jude but I didn't use a pattern. It's a 'wing it' design. Unfortunately I didn't write it down as I went.