Friday, February 03, 2006

I have finished a pair of moss green thrum slippers for my mom. I knit the slippers with Alafoss Lopi and used alpaca rovings for the thrum. They should keep her tootsies warm. It only took me an average of six hours to knit them so I knit a pair for myself as well. Mine are a royal blue with red and orange bits in it. Unfortunately, the groundhog didn't see his shadow yesterday so I probably won't have a chance to wear them until next winter.
The blue with silver thread baby blanket is coming along slowly. I'm making it for my sixth grandchild, Tyler, who is due around the end of May. I also have to knit the lacy baby shawl that I've knit for the previous five grandkiddies. Those along with the other baby things I've already knit should complete Tyler's Birth Day gifts.
My fingers are itching to start the forest green and brown alpaca vest I want to knit for myself. Sigh........................So much yarn. So little time.

No comments: