Monday, February 13, 2006

Dishcloths

I had originally planned to knit two Valentine's Dishcloths for my mom and two for my younger sister but instead, gave one to each of my mom, sister and MIL. When I first designed this dishcloth I had only ever used store bought. Since then I have used the hand knit and found they shrink quite a bit. The first dishcloth I knit from my pattern would have been the size of a postage stamp after it was washed and dried in the machine so I had to resize the pattern for the next two. Then I ran out of time for the actual knitting part so I ended up with three dishcloths instead of the four I needed. Hence my MIL got the little one. It actually works out great because she told me it's too beautiful to use, also, she thinks it's a hot mat. So, as I suspected, hers will be put in a drawer somewhere, never to see the light of day again.LOL Valentines Day isn't until tomorrow so I'm knitting three more. One each for my two DDs and one for my DDIL. If my DS complains that I never knit anything for him I'll tell him his wife is more than willing to share her dishcloth.LOL

4 comments:

Cassandra said...

Ahh... that's so nice of you to do that!!

apositivepessimist said...

you know i was gunna ask about them as a 'dish cloth'...then i thought frig whatta i know about knitting etc.

apositivepessimist said...

*cack*...aww piss off ya nosy thing!

ha! no i was wondering how you would stop the shrinkage of knitted dishcloths...yeah we call them that as well...but i had never seen fully knitted ones...used to seeing face washers with the crochetted edging and all but never the whole cloth...thought they were pretty cool but not something i would want spoilt by actually using it...but in another way they would certainly outlast chuxes etc.

ZantiMissKnit said...

I owe you an apology! I meant to publish your comment defending ponchos, and I accidently rejected it! So, I think that I subliminally didn't want to hear it! LOL! But, you are so nice, and I want to say we can agree to disagree about the ponchos, okay?