Monday, March 19, 2007

My Spinning Wheel


was delivered last Wednesday but I didn't have a chance to put it together until today. It came in a box about two feet by three feet and six inches high. I opened the box and immediately thought of Christmas Eves long past, sitting up 'til 3:00 am assembling whatever stupid toy the kids couldn't live without. I didn't count the bits and pieces of wood as I unwrapped them from their newsprint blankets but they littered the livingroom floor like shells on a beach. The instructions were interesting. Damn! I finally get to assemble something from an English speaking country (New Zealand) and there are no words. Just pictures. I suppose I could have knocked a good half hour off the six it took me to put it together if I hadn't put the cross pieces on upside down. I only hollered for DH when a rebellious screw refused to be tightened and when I needed an extra pair of hands.
Here is my little beauty. I'm going to give her a name once we get to know each other better. I only have one little problem. I can't use her. My rovings (fuzzy strips of wool that are spun into yarn) won't arrive until Wednesday.

No comments: