Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Nice, Warm, Woolly Socks

Santa put a gift certificate for my LYS (local yarn shop) in my stocking at Christmas. It was only for $25.00 so I had to take my time and choose wisely. I walked into the shop and realized I didn't have a clue what I wanted to knit, let alone which yarn I wanted to knit it with. I spent a good hour in the little shop waiting for something to scream, "BUY ME!" but all I heard was a shy, little voice saying, "You can buy me if you want to." so I did. The shy, little voice came from the shelves of sock yarn and I ended up spending a bit more than the gift certificate (Serves Santa right for being such a cheapskate). I bought one 100 g ball of blue, grey and white Regia for $12.95, two 50 g balls of yellow, tan, teal and white Confetti for $4.95 and one 100 g ball of denim blue and grey Austermann Step with Aloe Vera and Jojoba Oil for $17.99 for a total of $43.49 including tax. Now I just need to psych myself up to knit my nice, warm, woolly socks.

No comments: